MidsChem aims to support innovation and business growth in the chemical science sector in the East Midlands and West Midlands.
MidsChem (formerly known as EMChem) was started in 2013 with the support of the Chemistry Innovation Laboratory (CIL) at the University of Nottingham, a project part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). During the work of the CIL a demand was identified for a networking platform for the regional companies.
Our aim is to be the Chemistry Network for the Midlands Engine, open to all chemistry using organisations at different stages of development from start-ups to established SMEs and large companies from across the East Midlands and West Midlands regions.
As a community with a shared interest in the diverse chemistry sector we believe there are strategic advantages in working together:
- Facilitating collaborations to drive innovation for the region’s businesses
- Networking to identify partners and funding to help grow your business.
- Connecting businesses to the region’s excellent universities to access knowledge and equipment.
- Speaking as one voice to raise the profile of the sector in the region to secure additional investment and recognition.
MidsChem activities will be shaped to meet members’ needs such as:
- The Future of Innovation and Regulation post-Brexit
- Access to a skilled workforce
- Access to funding
- IP protection
The MidsChem network is supported by:
- The University of Nottingham
- D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- local chemistry businesses